About Social Workers


A Profession of Hope, A Passion for Fairness

Social Work Education

Social workers have university degrees in social work: Bachelor of Social Work (BSW), Master of Social Work (MSW) or Doctorate in Social Work (PhD/DSW).

15 universities across Ontario provide professional education for social workers.

OASW recognizes degrees from programs accredited by the Canadian Association of Schools of Social Work and foreign degrees evaluated as equivalent by the Canadian Association of Social Workers.

For more information on a career in social work, click on Social Work Career.


If you need help:

Click on www.FindASocialWorker.ca to find a social worker in private practice.

To access a list of community information and referral services across Ontario, visit www.211ontario.ca.

In the Toronto area, dial "211" or visit www.211toronto.ca.