Board of Directors
OASW's Board of Directors sets the Association's policies and strategic directions, ensures that the organization stays on course to fulfill its mission and advises the organization on issues affecting the social work profession and the public at the provincial level. Regional Directors represent the perspective, interests and needs of members in their region at the provincial level.
OASW's Board of Directors is composed of 14 members:
5 Executive Officers
- 9 Provincial Directors (7 Regional, 1 Francophone & 1 Student)
- The Board of Directors meet face-to-face three times per year.
Central Ontario Region (Toronto, Peel & York): Nancy Webb, Toronto
- Central Ontario Region (Toronto, Peel & York): Christie Hayos, Toronto
- Eastern Region (Ottawa, Cornwall & Eastern Ontario): Evelyn Weger, Kemptville
- Hamilton/Niagara Region (Hamilton & Niagara): Christina Harrington, Hamilton
- Northern Region (Algoma, Nipissing, Northeastern, Northwestern & Sudbury): Jennifer Taun, Powassan
- Southeastern Region (Durham/Kawartha, Huronia Highlands & Kingston): Lisa Van Hezewijk, Whitby
- Southwestern Region (Mid-Western, Southwestern & Western): Candice Hanna, Leamington
- Francophone Director: Sylvie Rivard, Sudbury
- Student Director: David Knezevic, London
Learn how to get involved @ the Branch Level:
A great way to contribute to your local branch on issues that are important to you and the social work profession, and a great way to network with your social work peers.
Find your branch and connect now!