Purpose: To feature inspirational role models during Social Work Week.
Description: Two awards will be presented during Social Work Week to individuals, teams or groups whose current contribution to the profession inspires others and whose professional conduct serves as a role model for those working in the field of social work. Candidates for this award may include individuals who share a similar focus in their work.
- All candidates must be members of OASW
- All candidates must be registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
To assist in the selection process, the winning candidates will have the highest score based on a rating scale of 1 to 5 (where 1 signifies acceptable and 5 signifies extraordinary).
All candidates must satisfy criteria 1 through 3. The winning candidates will have the highest score based on a rating scale of 1 to 5 (where 1 signifies acceptable and 5 signifies extraordinary).
- Inspires others through their leadership, optimism and innovation in addressing situations/problems (1 to 5 points).
- Practice or contribution exemplifies the theme of Social Work Week (1 to 5 points).
- Other attributes/contributions such as work that addresses diversity, leadership at a pivotal time for the profession or public (1 to 5 points).
- Should candidates tie, a fourth criterion can be applied:
- Represents a unique or under-represented practice sector (1-5).
Any OASW member can nominate a candidate for this award. Each nomination is to be accompanied by a one-paragraph biographical sketch, highlighting the nominee’s achievements which make him/her deserving of the award. To obtain a template for submission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nomination Deadline: Early January, annually.