Purpose: To feature inspirational role models during Social Work Week.
Description: Two awards will be presented during Social Work Week to individuals, teams or groups whose current contribution to the profession inspires others and whose professional conduct serves as a role model for those working in the field of social work. Candidates for this award may include individuals who share a similar focus in their work.
Nomination Process: Members who are nominating a candidate for the OASW Inspirational Leader Award are required to provide a one-paragraph (minimum) biographical sketch (500 words maximum) that highlights the nominee’s achievements which makes him/her deserving of the significant leadership award. This paragraph should include details that illustrate:
How the nominee inspires others through their leadership, optimism and innovation in addressing situations/problems. Please give specific examples.
How their practice or contribution (clinician, educator, researcher, community activist, administrator, etc.) exemplifies the theme of Social Work Week 2020 – “Social Workers: Leading Positive Change across Systems and Settings.” Please give specific examples.
How other attributes/contributions - such as work that addresses diversity, leadership at a pivotal time for the profession or public, etc. – highlight the leading attributes of the nominee which makes him/her stand out as a leader among his/her peers. Please give specific examples.
- All candidates must be members of OASW
- All candidates must be registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
All candidates must satisfy criteria 1 through 3.
- Inspires others through their leadership, optimism and innovation in addressing situations/problems.
- Practice or contribution exemplifies the theme of Social Work Week.
- Other attributes/contributions such as work that addresses diversity, leadership at a pivotal time for the profession or public.
- Should candidates tie, a fourth criterion can be applied:
- Represents a unique or under-represented practice sector.
Any OASW member can nominate a candidate for this award. Each nomination is to be accompanied by a one-paragraph biographical sketch, highlighting the nominee’s achievements which make him/her deserving of the award. To obtain a template for submission, please contact email@example.com.
Nomination Deadline: January 30th, 2020