Inspirational Leader Award
Purpose: To feature social workers who are inspirational role models.
Description: This award is presented to individuals, teams or groups whose current contribution to the profession inspires others and whose professional conduct serves as a role model for those working in the field of social work. Candidates for this award may include individuals who share a similar focus in their work.
All candidates must be members of OASW and must be registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Inspires others through their leadership, optimism and innovation in addressing situations/problems.
- Practice or contribution exemplifies the theme of Social Work Week.
- Other attributes/contributions such as work that addresses diversity, leadership at a pivotal time for the profession or public.
- Should candidates tie, a fourth criterion can be applied:
- Represents a unique or under-represented practice sector.
In 2021, we are seeking nominees who inspire others through their leadership, optimism and innovation, and exemplify this year’s theme of “You Are Not Alone” and/or “Social Workers Are Here for You”.
OASW members can nominate candidates for this award. A simple form has been created to facilitate nominations highlighting the achievements and qualities which make the nominee deserving of this award.
The Awards Committee will review all nominations. The award will be presented at the OASW Annual General Meeting.