OASW is pleased to offer an outstanding program
for the OASW Social Work Provincial Conference 2016
taking place on November 11-12, 2016 in Toronto.
News Reported on August 11, 2016
Theme: Social Work for the 22nd Century: Accelerators & Innovators
"The program for the upcoming OASW Provincial Conference is rich in content, exciting in format and presentation, and provides leadership by showcasing innovative practices, emergent fields and the generation of new knowledge." (Ellen Sue Mesbur, MSW, Ed.D., Chair, Provincial Conference Program Planning Committee).
Here are some session topics for you to look forward to:
- Leadership: Emotional Intelligence and Other Innovative Practices
- New Beginnings: Starting Your Social Work Career from Scratch - a Special Session for Students and New Graduates
- "You Want Me To Do What?!" Responding Constructively to Ethical Conflict and Moral Distress
- Mindful Awareness Stabilization Training (MAST): An Innovative Program to Teach Self-Regulation Skills and Neuroscience to Address a Gap in Mental Health Services
- Living Moments and Legacy: Thinking Differently About Clinical Social Work at End-of-Life
- Créer pour lutter : L'art au service de la résistance
- Reflecting Back and Accelerating Toward the Future: Innovative Team Care for Autism Spectrum Disorders Across the Lifespan
- "Do You See What I See?" A Photovoice Project with Immigrant/Refugee Women
- Arts-Based Mindfulness - Innovative, Creative, and Fun Interventions to Engage Clients and Create Change
- Welcoming Community Project: Francophone and Bilingual Social Workers, an Essential Link in Ensuring Effective Communication to Increase the Quality and Safety of Health Service Delivery in French
- Digital Media Participation of Youth Within the Therapeutic Context
- Appreciating "The Hard Work of Poverty": An Interactive Workshop and Poverty Simulation
- Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) and Life Stress Reduction (LSR): A More Empowering Approach to "Active Listening" and "Resolving" Issues
- Circus as a Tool for Social Development
- Aboriginal Approach to Dispute Resolution & Rebuilding Resilience
- Getting Beyond the Politics of Evidence: Making Evidence and Evaluation Work for Grassroots Youth Sector Organizations in the 22nd Century
- Transforming Transphobia: Affirming Social Work Practice for Trans and Gender Diverse Communities
- Integrated Clinical Practice: Providing Innovative Practice Highlights and Moving Past the Danger of Model-Specific Practice
- Refugee Mental Health in Practice: Providing Effective Care and Support
- Stand in My Shoes: Experiential Sculpting with Families and Groups
- Innovating and Accelerating Using Practice Research: Capitalizing on Shoestring Budgets in Tight Economic Times
- It's Not Just Clutter: A Primer on Hoarding When Working with Older Adults
- Improving Care for Older Adults Through Knowledge Mobilization: NICE!
- L'accès aux services sociaux et de santé pour les francophones en situation linguistique minoritaire en Ontario : question d'empowerment et de sécurité
Did you know that if you attend the OASW 2016 Conference, you may be eligible for reimbursement for part of your registration fee?
Registered Social Workers can apply to the Social Workers and Social Service Workers Professional Development Fund.
Click www.swsswpdf.org for more details.