Internationally Educated Social Workers

Bridging Program:

If you are an internationally educated social work professional who wants to gain a practical understanding of Ontario's social services sector
 consider registering in the Internationally Educated Social Work Professionals (IESW) Program at The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education at Ryerson University.

This innovative bridging program provides training, mentorship, support, and supervised work placements for qualified social work professionals who were educated outside of Canada.

In just one year, you can:

-Increase your understanding of how social work is practised in Ontario and the rest of Canada;
-Gain employment experience and orientation to the Canadian workplace; and
-Expand your network of social service employers and organizations.

OASW is one of the partner organizations that have helped The Chang School to develop this innovative learning and career development opportunity.

For more information, visit

Evaluation of Degree:
Applicants who have university-level qualifications in social work, which they did not obtain in Canada or the United States, must have their professional qualifications assessed for their Canadian equivalency by the Canadian Association of Social Workers. Visit CASW's site to learn more.  Please note that we only accept CASW assessments.

For more information, visit

Other resources for Foreign-Trained Social Workers: