Job Search Initiative
The goal of the initiative is to provide OASW members with short-term access to Experienced Social Workers who can demystify the job search process and provide advice and perspective on job search strategies.
To facilitate this process, the Job Seeker and Experienced Social Worker are expected to meet twice in a mutually agreed upon format (e.g., in-person meeting, email, teleconference and or use online video call apps such as Skype or Facetime).
Experienced Social Workers are not expected to find jobs for Job Seekers.
How the OASW Job Search Initiative works:
- Step 1: Job Seeker provides a copy of their cover letter and/or résumé.
- Step 2: Experienced Social Worker reviews cover letter and/or résumé.
- Step 3: Parties meet.
- Step 4: Follow-up meeting.
The Experienced Social Worker's role is to:
- Provide practical tips on cover letters and/or résumés and if possible interview skill tips as well.
- Provide short-term coaching and guidance to OASW members seeking employment in the social work profession.
To participate in the OASW Job Search Initiative, you must be an active OASW member.