Membership is open to:
- Graduates/Current Students in a Social Work Education Program at a Canadian University accredited by the Canadian Association for Social Work Education (CASWE);
- International Graduates from a university social work program that is recognized as equivalent to a Canadian BSW, MSW or PhD in Social Work;
- All applicants must live, work or study in Ontario at the time of application.
The following are qualifications recognized by OASW:
- A Canadian university degree from a program that has been accredited or is a candidate for accreditation by the Canadian Association for Social Work Education (CASWE) (www.caswe-acfts.ca).
- A United States university qualification from a program that is accredited at the time of graduation by the Council on Social Work Education (www.cswe.org).
- A qualification from outside Canada or the United States that has been evaluated as equivalent to the Canadian bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree in social work by the Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW) (www.casw-acts.ca).
- Registration as a Registered Social Worker (RSW) with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW).
Member Types & Fees:
(FT) Full-time - Employed more than 24 hours per week – Annual Fee $299.00
(PT) Part-time - Employed 10-24 hours per week – Annual Fee $195.00
(UN) Unemployed - not gainfully employed, or employed less than 10 hours per week – Annual Fee $99.00
(RE) Retired - permanently retired from all employment – Annual Fee $99.00
Special Transition Categories:
(NG2) New Graduate 2nd year - within 24 months following graduation – Annual Fee $195.00
(NG1) New Graduate 1st year - within 12 months following graduation – Annual Fee $145.00
(ST) Student Membership – Currently enrolled in a B.S.W., M.S.W., or PHD program at an accredited Canadian University pursuing first degree in social work – Annual Fee $99.00
(GR) Graduate Student pursuing a second or third degree and unemployed – Annual Fee $99.00
(GR) Graduate Student pursuing a second or third degree and employed – Annual Fee - choose category related to employment status i.e. FT or PT.
Active OASW members going on parental leave can have their fees waived for up to 12 months.
Membership fees can be paid by cheque, post-dated cheques, Visa, Mastercard and/or pre-authorized debits. Please contact Christine Stibor, Membership Administrator for alternative payment options @ (416) 923-4848 Ext 225 and or email her @ email@example.com.