Plus des idées pour célébrer la Semaine du travail social
Information Displays & Distribution
- Adapt OASW’s simple quiz for non-social workers and offer a door prize.
- Develop display boards about social work programs/services for various community sites
- Develop an article for publication in the newsletter within your agency/hospital/organization which highlights the role and contribution of social work as an allied profession within the overall health system
- Host a “Lunch and Learn” seminar or a brown bag speaker for the profession on a timely topic
- View and discuss a workshop/presentation on OASW’s website (e.g., Professor Robert Solomon speaking on legal issues).
Promotion of Social Work with Other Professionals and Community
- Invite a key leader of your organization/agency to lunch to celebrate and talk about the role of social workers.
- Organize an information session on social work services or programs to other professionals or the public
- Offer a public information night (offer door prizes). Talk about the role of social work in the community.
- Submit an article to the local newspaper on a timely topic that underlines services provided by the profession.
- Organize a Social Work Appreciation Breakfast or a Social Work Staff Celebration Lunch (for smaller agencies/organizations, join with other agencies in your area)
- Plan a networking luncheon and invite colleagues from other agencies.
Recognition of Social Workers
- Approach community partners to donate lunches and raffle gift baskets for social workers
- Host Social Work Recognition Awards
- Request that municipality declare Social Work Week and announce it by email and bulletin
- Approach a local business to donate an item that can be raffled during Social Work Week with proceeds to be donated to a charitable organization that is addressing issues of concern to the profession, etc.
If you would like to add to these ideas, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.