Call for Nominations for OASW Board of Directors, 2017-2019
It is an exciting time to consider serving on OASW’s Provincial Board of Directors.
In times of economic uncertainty and restructuring, strong leadership is essential:
• to promote the important and valuable work that Ontario social workers perform on a daily basis with government and
• to ensure that the profession’s perspective on key issues of social justice and human rights is heard.
Consider how your leadership skills can help OASW and the social work profession move forward with a clear vision for the future.
The OASW Board of Directors is composed of 14 members. Terms of office are staggered so that not all positions are up for election at the same time.
OASW is currently seeking nominations for the following positions for the term of office 2017-2019:
• Vice President-Branch Affairs
• Vice President-Social & Professional Advocacy
• Regional Director – Central Ontario
• Regional Director – Northern
• Regional Director – SouthEastern
• Regional Director – SouthWestern
All OASW members are entitled to nominate persons to run for these positions.
Nominees can self-nominate.
Nominations are now closed.
OASW encourages nominations of all qualified individuals including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, members of racially and ethnically diverse communities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Ces renseignements sont disponibles en français.