Call for Nominations for
OASW Board of Directors
It is an exciting time to serve on OASW’s Provincial Board of Directors. Consider how your leadership skills can help OASW and the social work profession move forward with a clear vision for the future.
OASW is currently seeking nominations for the following positions on the Board of Directors for the term of office 2019-2021
The OASW Board of Directors is composed of 14 members. Terms of office are staggered so that not all positions are up for election at the same time. The President, Vice-Presidents, Treasurer-Secretary and Past President comprise the Executive Committee.
- Vice-President, Branch Affairs
- Vice-President, Social and Professional Advocacy
- Regional Representative - Central Ontario Region
- Regional Representative - Northern Region
- Regional Representative - SouthEastern Region
- Regional Representative - SouthWestern Region
All OASW members are entitled to nominate persons to run for these positions.
Nominees can self-nominate.
Deadline for nominations: February 20, 2019
Qualities Sought in Candidates for OASW Officers and Directors
- A commitment to the vision, purpose, mandate, and goals of OASW.
- A keen interest and involvement in the issues impacting the profession of Social Work and the client groups it serves.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- A strong ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- The ability to think and act strategically.
- Exceptional communication skills.
OASW encourages nominations of all qualified individuals including Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, members of racially and ethnically diverse communities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Timelines for Nominations
- Nominations will be accepted from January 23 to February 20, 2019.
- Voting on nominated candidates for each position will be conducted electronically between March 6 and March 27, 2019.
- Elected candidates will be notified on March 28, 2019.
- Their two-year term begins on May 3, 2019.
- The new Board of Directors will be introduced to members at the Annual General Meeting on May 3, 2019 and will meet in Toronto May 4-5, 2019.
Upon receipt of your nomination, you will be contacted by Joan MacKenzie Davies, OASW’s Chief Executive Officer, or the Chair of the Nominating Committee to discuss the role and responsibilities of the Officer/Director positions.
If prior to the teleconference you have any immediate questions, please do not hesitate to contact Joan MacKenzie Davies, the CEO directly at 416-923-4848 ex. 232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information is available from the OASW Provincial Office, including:
Contact Rita Mascherin at email@example.com to obtain any of these documents.
- Strategy Map
- Annual Report
The Nomination Form and Background Information on the Board of Directors can be downloaded at right.
Ces renseignements sont disponibles en français.