OASW Beverley Antle Leadership Award
Purpose: This award was established to recognize the pivotal and dynamic leadership roles played by social workers in non-traditional leading edge positions.
Description: The award seeks to profile the significant contribution these individuals make to non-social work organizations, decision-making bodies, advocacy groups, etc., as well as to highlight how recipients of the award are exemplars of the diversity of roles and rewarding career options that build upon a degree in social work.
To aid in the selection of a recipient for this award, the winning candidate must receive the highest score on the following criteria based on a rating scale of 1 to 5 (where 1 signifies acceptable and 5 signifies extraordinary). All candidates must satisfy criteria 1 and 2.
- Must be a member in good standing of OASW.
- Must be a member in good standing of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) and have the right to be identified as a "social worker".
- Identifies as a social worker within the broader community, e.g., uses the professional designations after their signature; notes the professional affiliation in articles, public discourse, etc. (rating scale 1-5).
- Reflects the values and perspectives of the profession in positions taken either related to their role or on issues of general interest to the public, e.g., human rights concerns, funding of and equitable access to public services/programs, poverty, etc. (rating scale 1-5).
- Continues to actively support and contribute expertise to the profession and Association through: responding to issues; offering advice or consultation; serving on advisory groups or Boards; speaking at events; etc. (rating scale 1-5).
*Should candidates tie, a sixth criterion can be applied: Other attributes/factors such as the unique and/or pivotal nature of their leadership role, etc.
- OASW members can nominate candidates for this award.
- The nomination must be made in writing to the Nominating Committee highlighting the nominee's achievements and qualities, which make them deserving of this award.
- The Nominating Committee will review nominations and make a recommendation to the Board of Directors.
- The candidate receiving the majority of votes cast by the Board of Directors will be granted the award.
- The award will be presented every two years at OASW's Annual General Meeting.
- The award will consist of a plaque or framed certificate and will be accompanied by a media release.
Deadline for next nominations: February 2020