OASW Beverley Antle Leadership Award
Purpose: This award was established to recognize the pivotal and dynamic leadership roles played by social workers in non-traditional leading edge positions.
Description: The award seeks to profile the significant contribution these individuals make to non-social work organizations, decision-making bodies, advocacy groups, etc., as well as to highlight how recipients of the award are exemplars of the diversity of roles and rewarding career options that build upon a degree in social work.
- Must be a member in good standing of OASW and must be a Registered Social Worker in the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW).
- Identifies as a social worker within the broader community, e.g., uses the professional designations after their signature; notes the professional affiliation in articles, public discourse, etc.
- Reflects the values and perspectives of the profession in positions taken either related to their role or on issues of general interest to the public, e.g., human rights concerns, funding of and equitable access to public services/programs, poverty, etc.
- Continues to actively support and contribute expertise to the profession and Association through: responding to issues; offering advice or consultation; serving on advisory groups or Boards; speaking at events; etc.
- Should candidates tie, an additional criterion can be applied: Other attributes/factors such as the unique and/or pivotal nature of their leadership role, etc.
Selection Process: OASW members can nominate candidates for this award. A simple form has been created to facilitate nominations highlighting the achievements and qualities which make the nominee deserving of this award. All nominees must be OASW members and Registered Social Workers with OCSWSSW. The Awards Committee will review all nominations. The award will be presented at the OASW Annual General Meeting.
Deadline for nominations: Thursday, April 22, 2021.
If you have any questions or to submit a nomination by email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
OASW Beverley Antle Leadership Award Nomination Form