OASW Lifetime Achievement Award
Purpose: The OASW Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes a social worker whose values, accomplishments and career reflect a passion, commitment and distinguished contribution to the social work profession.
Description: The Lifetime Achievement Award is intended to recognize social workers who have demonstrated outstanding achievements and made contributions of a lasting impact to social work in Ontario.
- The award recipient must be a social worker with an accredited social work degree and an OASW and OCSWSSW member in good standing. The applicant will have:
- Demonstrated outstanding achievements over a minimum of a 10-year career in social work
- Received recognition beyond the social work profession (e.g., teaching, research, community collaboration)
- Made contributions of lasting impact
- Exhibited outstanding commitment to the social work profession and its values.
OASW Branches and individual members may nominate candidates by submitting the following to the Nominating Committee:
- Completed official nomination form (see below)
- A summary of demonstrated contributions that describe:
- What the nominee accomplished
- Who the beneficiaries were
- What long-term effect was achieved
- What was outstanding about the nominee’s action(s)
- Any barriers the nominee overcame to achieve results
- Curriculum vitae; and
- Three (3) endorsements from OASW members.
To ensure the nominee’s eligibility, nominations must adhere to the guidelines, and use clear, concise, and descriptive examples of activities and accomplishments.
The OASW Nominating Committee will select and make recommendations to the Board of Directors, which approves the award recipient.
Award Presentation is presented every two years at OASW’s Annual General Meeting. The award will consist of a plaque or framed certificate and will be accompanied by a media release.
Nomination Deadline: February 28th, 2020
If you have any questions or to submit a nomination, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.